There is no doubt that entrepreneurship thrives with education, and never has obtaining education been easier than in today’s digital world, with top-notch materials readily available at the click of a button. Online courses bring a new level of flexibility to education and increase its accessibility. Interested individuals have the ability to obtain a wealth of information from different experts on all kinds of relevant topics, while having the freedom to choose when and how they do so.
With over 40 video presentations, InvestHorizon’s Online Courses give entrepreneurs the opportunity to improve their investment readiness level, pitching skills, or learn about the mechanics of equity investments from actual investors, among other topics, at no cost. The courses cover 4 distinct areas – Business & Management, Finance & Equity Investment, Industry & Technology, and Early Stage courses.
For entrepreneurs looking for funding, the Finance & Equity Investment courses present a handy guide on how to finance a startup, what investors are looking for, as well as the process of obtaining investment, from detailed instructions on deal-making, due diligence, financial statements, company valuation, and more. These courses are given by such experts as:
- Ricardo Aimerito, ERA Kapital Co-Founder and Partner;
- Prof. Alan Barrell, Professor at Cambridge Judge Business School, Author;
- Brigitte Baumann, Go Beyond Investing CEO and EBAN President Emeritus;
- Uffe Bundgaard-Jorgensen, InvestorNet-Gate2Growth Founder and CEO;
- Thibaut Claes, Startups.be Innovation Manager;
- Joaquin Soucheiron, bwcon GmbH Senior consultant.
The Finance & Equity Investment collection also features a number of courses on the ins and outs of angel investing from prominent angels like:
- Candace Johnson, EBAN President;
- Paulo Andrez, EBAN President Emeritus;
- Jaakko Salminen, Finnish Business Angels Network Chairman Emeritus;
- Michael Culligan, Halo Business Angel Network Director;
- Dusan Stojanovic, Founder and Director of True Global Ventures Partners.
The courses cover a variety of topics from what business angels are looking for and how to approach them, to angel syndicates, exit strategies and co-investment funds.
Focus is also given to accelerators and how entrepreneurs can benefit from them, with courses from Daniel Tomov, Eleven Accelerator Venture Fund Founding partner, and Egidijus Jarasunas, F6S Co-founder. Venture Capital is discussed as well, with a case study from Dr. Alex von Frankenberg High-Tech Gründerfonds Managing Director.
Covering more types of financing still, InvestHorizon’s course collection also features a 6-part series from the European Crowdfunding Network, led by their marketing manager Irene Tordera, which leaves no step in the crowdfunding process unexplored. The series is filled out by more videos from the distinguished Prof. Alan Barrell.
In contrast to the Finance & Equity Investment section, Industry & Technology courses cater to sector-specific interests, letting entrepreneurs learn about the particulars of different industries – design and fashion, space technologies, life science, and smart production - from the following experts:
- Riccardo Aimerito, ERA Kapital Co-Founder and Partner;
- Chad Anderson, Space Angels Network Managing Director;
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Kindervater, BIOPRO Baden-Wuerttemberg GmbH CEO;
- Dr. Klaus Funk, Cluster MicroTec Suedwest.
In addition, Early Stage and Business & Management courses expand on the above material – the former providing information on how to build up a successful startup, while the latter deals with the details of running a business.
InvestHorizon’s online courses are useful not just for entrepreneurs, but also for individuals looking to become investors, or simply learn more about the early stage ecosystem. All of the courses can be accessed here.