Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Investment Forum highlights the high tech hub of Turkey and the Balkan region
On Monday 7th September 2015, it was Istanbul’s turn to welcome the InvestHorizon coaching workshop and Investment Forum.
Together with Turkey Business Angels Association (TBAA) and with the support of Baybars Altuntaş, EBAN’s Vice President, EBAN welcomed at the Istanbul Technical University more than a hundred participants from Turkey but also from other Balkan hubs. Among them, a significant number of female entrepreneurs, high level investors and businessmen.
Ilija Vuckov, president of the Euro-Macedonian Knowledge Innovation Center (EMKICE) and of the newly Macedonian Business Angels Network in Skopje, was leading a group of 15 Macedonian representatives. This presence of a lot of high-tech startups has brought to light the Balkan region as an important high tech hub.
The morning coaching session for startups and entrepreneurs was led by coaches:
- Kenan Colpan, CEO Istanbul Technical University Technopark
- Recep Bildik, Director Private Market of Borsa Istanbul
- Sertaç Karaağaoğlu, Group Director Borsa Istanbul
- Ferruh Gurtas, Regional Director Intel
- Gokce Tabak, Director ITUCU Incubation Center Dogan Taskent, Chair TBAA Mentor Committee
After a great networking lunch, 26 (out of more than 110 applicants) entrepreneurs got the opportunity to pitch their ideas during the afternoon investment forum in front of a number of local investors and business angels who have shown a great interest:
- Genus Biotechnology R&D
- Tunamed LLC / Caredir / Mirror
- Neosinerji Bilgi Teknolojileri A.S.
- SBS Scientific Bio Solutions LLC.
- KOLLESTEE Medikal Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.
- COGITOLABS Ar. Ge. Muh. San. ve Tic. Ltd. Sti.
- Pandora AR VR Technologies
- Triga Metal Ltd. Sti.
- G6 Solutions
- AGV Design Studio
- IPTV ICMs
- Brandia Bilisim Teknolojileri Sanayi Ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
- Makromek endüstriyel mekatronik sanayi ve ticaret limited sirketi
- Fetih Dinamik Mühendislik
- Infinite Action Games
- Cloud Ararat
- Monthly Pay
- Nara Educational Technologies
Eager to learn, participants also had the chance to ask a lot of question to Florian Jourda, principal architect at Box, during his two-hour-long but highly interactive keynote speech about the history of his company.
Overall, participants gave an excellent feedback about the event both from the entrepreneurial and investor side. It is not uncommon that on the InvestHorizon events startups discover the ways to collaborate - Esenso and Aquaponika, and one of the startups has already entered in the negotiations with an investor.
We will closely monitor this case and hopefully be able to report on a success story soon!
You want to pitch your ideas in front of business angels and investors? Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay up to date with future events!
Posted by EBAN Team at 3:45 AM